We are now into the festive season, Christmas parties, social gatherings, family dinners and Christmas shopping.
How do you maintain a level of fitness throughout the silly season?
Keep up your positive habits:
- Work out in the morning before you are too busy throughout the day
- Have plenty of nutrients rich food, especially before shopping! for one you will need the energy and two it will take away the temptation of grabbing unhealthy snacks on the go. Save these calories for your work function or dinner out with friends
- Enjoy yourself without the guilt, one meal out will not ruin your progress
- Be kind to yourself, schedule some time out for yourself to recoup
- Keep up your water intake, our bodies are made up of anywhere between 45%-75% water – Keep hydrated, your body will thank you
- Sleep is your best friend, do not underestimate the importance of sleep
- Stress less, enjoy the time with your family, there is no need to over complicate it
- On nights out, opt for lower calorie drinks – Vodka Lime and Soda
But most importantly be kind to yourself, wake up every day with a grateful heart and enjoy this precious gift we have called life